Current job offerings at MHC
Digital Marketing Trainee
(Paid, entry-level permanent position)
Hey there potential co-worker! Our team is expanding. Could you be the next MHC team member? Here are the details on our current job opening as we are now hiring for full-time digital marketing trainees!
We specialize in high level SEO consultation. Marie speaks regularly at SEO conferences and writes for publications like Moz and Search Engine Land. She has built a reputation for providing valuable insight on how to optimize for Google and has even been quoted in Google’s blog.
We are currently a growing team of 10 mainly composed of junior and senior SEO auditors all with unique backgrounds and experiences. Some of our auditors have also spoken at conferences across the globe! Our team spends their days reviewing websites to help them improve their quality. We work hard, we do a lot of training, and we also have a lot of fun!
Why work with us?
MHC is a company that has grown significantly over the last few years. You will be learning from Marie Haynes, one of the world’s leading SEO experts and her team who she hand-trained and shaped into some of the leading minds in the industry.
Our company was chosen as one of the two competitors for Wix’s SEO competition and won! The field of SEO is constantly changing. Our goal is to always be on the forefront of what is new and working in helping websites improve. You will get to be part of a cohesive team that learns and grows together. Plus, we’re a pretty cool group of people.
The first several months of your time with us will be spent training. You will watch and transcribe Google help hangouts, help us organize and write content for our SEO newsletter, and generally learn all that you can about search engine optimization under our guidance. Where possible, you will be assisting our senior auditors by helping them to gather data and produce reports for our clients.
Our goal is to have you progress into a position in the company where you will move from a trainee, to a junior SEO auditor, and eventually a senior auditor completing client work on your own.
Who and what we’re looking for:
- A hard-worker who is keen on learning
- A team player but someone who can also work independently
- Good proofreading, writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Spreadsheets
- Fast typing skills. We need someone who is capable of producing written, high quality content quickly.
- Experience dealing with decision makers
- Someone with a high level of accountability as we are currently working remotely
- Willingness to constantly learn with a growth mindset
Any of the following would be considered an asset and may improve your chances of getting hired:
- WordPress knowledge – especially creating and modifying posts and pages
- Organizational skills
- Someone who has a passion for solving problems
- Experience analyzing data, writing reports or finding patterns
- Great attention to detail
- Experience completing qualitative or quantitative research
- No SEO experience required, however digital marketing experience is an asset.
- Ability to become an avid Toronto Maple Leafs fan (if not one already) Not a required skill, but could possibly help you get hired 😉 With that said, one of our team members is a Sens fan and a few don’t engage in sports. We do make exceptions for extraordinary people.
All positions are full time at our office at 300 March Road, Suite #301, Kanata. This position will be temporarily remote due to COVID-19. Once you have completed a probationary period, flexible start and finish times are an option. A MacBook Pro laptop is provided. You are welcome to use it on your own time. Additionally, we offer two weeks paid vacation and group health benefits.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. In the email, copy these questions along with your answers:
- How did you hear about this job?
- When can you start?
- What are your preferred pronouns?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Why do you want this job?
- Do you have experience working remotely? This position is temporarily remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- What do you like to do when you are not working?
- Do you have any experience with online marketing or website building/maintenance? Note: No experience is required, but if you have done any sort of marketing, or website building, or anything else that is potentially relevant to this job let us know about it.
- What experience do you have with WordPress, Google docs, and general organizing that you would like to share with us?
- Write a paragraph to explain something to us…any topic at all…as if we know nothing about it.
- Is there something related to SEO that you saw recently you found interesting?
- What is your current job like? Please share with us why you want to leave them and join us.
- What are some of the on-the-job skills or talents that you have that you think will help you grow in this position?
- Why should we hire you? Go all out here and sell yourself. Why should we consider hiring you rather than any other applicants that we have?
We will be taking resumes until Friday January 8th at 4pm. Our goal is to do interviews in the following week or two. If you’re amazing and you need more time in order to give notice to your current employer, we can consider this. We’ll respond to all emails to let you know whether or not you are being considered for an interview.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Marie & team