Dr. Marie Haynes' weekly newsletter
Stay ahead of the curve in understanding search & AI
Subscribe Now Read This Week’s Episode
4000+ words of helpful advice, written by Dr. Marie Haynes, published every Friday. Now there’s more in the free version!
- Stay informed of Google’s algorithm updates
- How I’m using ChatGPT with great success for myself and with clients- I give tips each week.
- Learn everything important to know about AI, Google Bard, ChatGPT and Bing’s Sydney.
- Hear Marie’s thoughts and theories: A lot of what I babble about becomes mainstream SEO knowledge a few years later. Here is what I like to cover these days.
- AI, ChatGPT, and upcoming changes to search that may impact our civilization.
- E-E-A-T. Yeah, you know me. I have a lot of E-E-A-T on E-E-A-T. In 2017, I noticed that one of my clients hit by an unnamed Google update was being outranked by pages that demonstrated E-A-T as described in Google’s Quality Raters’ Guidelines. We made a plan for improving and they rebounded with the August Medic update. For 6 years I’ve thoroughly studied and written about E-A-T, now with added EEEEEEEE!
- Site quality – If Google publishes or says something that can help us improve, it’s in newsletter.
- Links and how Google’s algorithms treat them. I got my start removing manual actions. Over the years I’ve consulted with hundreds, possibly thousands of site owners and have seen the majority of link schemes out there. It’s fascinating watching how Google’s algorithms have changed how they value links.
- I send an email to paid subscribers as soon as I find out a Google update is rolling out.
Out this Friday:
This week's newsletter is packed. Got most of it written today. Should be out by EOD tomorrow.
🤖Chat GPT unveils plugins and web browsing😲
🤖Bard is live (and disappointing)
🤖Thoughts from Sam Altman & Bill Gates on AI tech moving fast
🤖March Core https://t.co/GxicvhR7vy… pic.twitter.com/ISzc2hE3J8
— Dr. Marie Haynes💡 (@Marie_Haynes) March 23, 2023
In this week's paid episode (Out Mar 24, 2023)
In this episode:
- ChatGPT Plugins – you can now browse the web inside of ChatGPT and a LOT more
- Exciting advancements in AI
- Google Bard is live (and perhaps disappointing)
- Sam Altman’s ABC interview (The co-founder of OpenAI that makes ChatGPT)
- The March Core Google Update
- SEO tips
- Other interesting AI news
- MidJourney tips
- SEO Jobs
For paid readers – Innovation and Ideas
- Cool practical uses of ChatGPT
- Use ChatGPT + GSC to improve your content
- Improving product review content
- Prompts you can use to help improve product review content
Subscribe Now to Stay In the Know
Subscribe today and get more than just a newsletter — get a comprehensive weekly guide to improving your site’s SEO.
The form below subscribes you to our free weekly newsletter. Consider the paid version for tons more SEO news and tips.
Part of the challenge of SEO is staying on top of industry news, trends, and techniques. There is so much information out there that it is easy to get bogged down in information overload and trying to disseminate what’s truly important from all that noise can be really time-consuming and challenging.
Marie’s newsletter is a game changer because it manages to cut through the fluff and deliver high-quality information that is not only really important for those that do SEO, but it is presented in a format that is really easy to absorb. If you are looking for a trusted information related to search that is highly actionable I would strongly recommend Marie’s newsletter.
— Paul Macnamara, PaulMacnamara.com
If you want top-quality Intel on SEO, AI, website optimization, you must follow @Marie_Haynes !⬇️⬇️⬇️💯 https://t.co/O130zAOXZR
— Raiford Palmer – Divorce Atty + Bestselling Author (@raifordpalmer) February 25, 2023